The Design & Installation Process
When you work with Awbury Arboretum Landscapes, you’ll feel confident with our horticultural knowledge and landscape experience. We enjoy taking on landscaping challenges, and showing you how to approach them in an exciting and fulfilling way. We will guide you through each phase of landscape design, construction, installation and maintenance, so you can leave the worry behind.
We will work closely with you to ensure that we clearly understand your goals, needs and wishes. Only then will we begin to formulate the optimal plan for you that will satisfy your aspirations while always keeping sight of realities like budgets and physical site concerns. We understand all of the variables, and will create a unique design solution that is tailored just for you. Our ultimate objective is to develop a design that will bring out the best in your property whether it’s an institution, a city brownstone, an historic period home, a formal estate, a cottage, a townhouse, or a condominium.
Here’s a simple breakdown of our process:
- When we talk for the first time, we will discuss your project needs and will schedule an initial consultation meeting and site visit to discuss your project in greater depth.
Free Consultation Meeting
- We’ll come see the property to discuss your vision and objectives in greater depth. Then, we will explain some potential design and installation approaches.
- If you like the direction of those potential design concepts, we will draft a design agreement.
- Once you accept the proposal, we’ll get started with the first phase of design.
- We will take a fully detailed survey of your property. This survey will include measurements of your home, property boundaries, other existing elements (driveways, outbuildings, etc.) and an inventory of existing trees and plantings. Site issues and attributes are analyzed at this time.
Master Plan Creation
- The master plan will include a detailed planting, hardscaping and maintenance plan as necessary. The plan will specify plant varieties, sizes and quantities for your garden. Upon completing your design in our studio, we will visit your home to review the plan with you. The plan and photos of plant varieties will provide a clear understanding of how your property will look when the installation is completed.
- Along with presenting the Master Plan for your property, a detailed cost breakdown for the implementation will also be presented. This proposal will break the project into phases with individual estimates for each phase. At this time, final decisions concerning your garden installation budget and priorities can be made.
Landscape and Hardscape Installation
- We employ a select crew of experienced and knowledgeable professionals to build and plant our gardens and hardscaping. We closely supervise the implementation of the design. This approach ensures that the intended quality and our shared vision is fully realized.
Post Planting Care Instruction and Site Visits
- Proper care for your garden will ensure its success. Therefore, we offer a scheduled aftercare plan for your garden which would include annual visits to evaluate the progress of your garden and to make recommendations regarding maintenance.